The purpose of this dress code is to enhance school safety, improve the learning environment, and promote good behavior. Children’s attitudes toward schoolwork and behavior are related to the clothing that they wear. This dress code does not regulate the exercise of an individual’s sincerely held religious beliefs.
Shoes and Socks
- Athletic or Tennis, Leather Type, Boots, etc., should be sturdy, form-fitting shoes are recommended for the school day.
- Appropriate shoes for SAFE play. No backless, high-heeled or open toed shoes are permitted.(i.e. sandals). No shoes with wheels or shoes without heel/ankle support or back straps are permitted.
- Socks or tights must be worn daily.
Uniform bottoms must be navy blue or khaki tan
- Pants and shorts need to fit snuggly at the waist and secured with a belt if needed.
- Navy blue or khaki tan skirts and jumpers may be worn with or without leggings.
- Overly tight fitting or overly loose/sagging pants with loose waistband will not be allowed.
- Shorts and skirts should be mid-thigh, meaning just above the knee or longer, and no shorter than 1” above the knee is permitted.
- Leggings must be solid blue or white and only worn under skirts or jumpers.
- Uniform policy top must be worn underneath any jumper.
- Note: Sweatpants, sport pants, or jeans are NOT considered uniform appropriate.
Uniform tops must be solid white, navy, or dark green
- Shirts/blouses can be polos style (with collar), blouse (with collar) or mock turtleneck or turtleneck.
- Tops and bottoms must overlap at all times, including when arms are raised.
- Sweaters and Vests can be long or short sleeve, crew, v-neck, collared or cardigan.
- Sweatshirts should be crew, collared, hood including Crescent Heights sweatshirt.
- Undershirts/layering must be solid and uniform color.
- Hats, caps, hoods, and other headwear may not be worn inside the school.
- Clothing should be weather appropriate.
- The following items are inappropriate for school and therefore not permitted:
- Make-up, body glitter
- Any article of clothing or accessory that promotes drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, violence or is offensive or degrading
- Oversized, bagging, and sagging clothing.
- Sandals/flip flops